Monday, December 21, 2009

Got Me Singing Na Na Na Na Everyday

I think I realized that Take It To The Limit was my favorite song on Halloween of '78 I dressed up as a yield sign that read "Take It To The Limit". I was getting high fives all night long. Boy was that a great costume. And, gee, I mean it's such a great song. Char and I danced to it at our wedding. Actually it was the only song that was played during the entire reception. Char walked down the aisle to it. She's a huge Eagles fan and that's pretty much the only reason why I married her. I brought a record player to the delivery room when our daughter Shelly was born. The routine was the same when Michael came along. It's only four minutes and forty eight seconds long but it evokes such an emotion that is infinitely fulfilling. Until the song is over, then I need to play it some more. Last Christmas the kids got me one of these iPods that can hold roughly five thousand songs. I only got one. One song is all I need. When Char and I first started dating we would karaoke pretty regularly and I used to be able to do a spot on Glenn Frey impression. Would the girls swoon! Man, to be 25 again. Knowing that however old I may get, I'll always have this song. It will never die. It will be right along side of me as I take it to the limit. One. More. Time....

Inspired by: Sean Kingston - "Replay"

No comments:

Post a Comment