Saturday, November 28, 2009

Keep It Tasteful

When you put it that way, I don't think I want to. Well, it's just that you're really aggressive about it. You're trying to shove it down my throat. One vacuum cleaner is plenty, thank you. I know I said I was interested earlier but you've kind of turned me off. The swear words didn't help. I'm no saleslady but I think I could probably help you get your point across in a more non threatening manner. For example when you said that the retractable hose and nozzle feature could be used to perform abortions, I was offended. I don't think many people would connect with that. Try selling the vacuum for what it is. I would go for the "make house work fun" kind of angle. Again, remember to keep it tasteful. So how about trying to grab my attention? What would you say? No no no. You can't insult people like that. What does that even mean.....'Bitch, would you eat a nasty ass carpet?' I don't get that. Instead how about saying "Hello. Would you like to have a look at our special vacuum? Why is it special? I'd love to show you!" I believe you need to love the product you're selling. Again, I'm no saleslady. My name's Tami and I'm a switchboard operator over at the Nestles chocolate factory. Regardless, I think that I am making some very valid points that could help you sell a whole bunch of vacuums. Another thing - Optimism! You'll go no where fast with that frown, Day-qwan. Day-qwan? That's an interesting name. How long have you been selling vacuums? Since you got out of prison....which has been how long? A couple months? Oh, well I'm sure you'll improve. Don't be afraid to nurture your customer's fantasies. What I mean is you shouldn't be so brash when you want them to do something for you which is buy this machine. Take it easy. Go with the flow. Sweet talk them into the deal. Do you have a girlfriend, Day-qwan? Well there you go. You know what I'm talking about then. Pretend that vacuum is your girlfriend. You know her well. You know her selling points. Go! Go! Tell that man about this beautiful machine! Ok, Day-qwan I appreciate your effort even though that man looked a little put off. Next time finish your thought. Power through the block...."This vacuum will make you come..........into a clean home!" Eh? Again, I'm no saleslady.

Inspired by: Eazy-E - "Put It In Your Mouth"

No comments:

Post a Comment