Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Ghetto Gospel

Look Andrew, I don't mind tutoring you but I'm not going to show you my homework so you can copy it. How do you know my homework is even correct? You might copy it and I could be completely wrong about everything. So what if I'm Asian? That has nothing to do with my intelligence. I suppose you automatically assumed I was smart since I'm Asian, huh? My glasses? These are just glasses! They don't have any control over me. They can't solve a math problem. Of course I could solve it without my glasses! Actually, I need them to see the problem. But trust me, a pair of glasses is as simple as a shirt. No, it's just a sweater vest. Because I like the way it looks on me! Listen, I do well in school because I care and I do the work. What if I turned around and started stereotyping you! "Oh. Yeah. I'm Andrew. I wear giant size jeans when my body is really small underneath. I'm a tough guy." I'm not a homo! No I'm not! I can just tell that your body isn't as big as your clothes because they're baggy. That's all I'm saying. I swear I don't look at you in the locker room. Andrew, can I ask a favor of you? Will you teach me how to be cool like you? I'm tired of eating my lunch in the bathroom. Bombarded by hateful graffiti reminding me of how un-cool I am. Yes! Haven't you see it? They wrote my name in there and everything. "Christopher P. Wen is an Asian nerd." What's this? OH MY GOD! I won't smoke that. I'm sticking to my principals on this one, Andrew. It helps you study? I find that hard to believe. I don't think you should. There's not a lot of ventilation in this library. We should get back to work. Physics is fun. I don't understand why you have such a hard time with it. You can't be cool and love physics? Dagger in my heart! I won't give up my beloved physics for the sake of being cool. Only 3.5 years of high school left. It's not that bad. Hey! We're kind of friends now aren't we Andrew? How about we ban together and form a table at lunch. Not tough guys not nerds. Just a couple of guys being guys.....Andrew?.....Where are you going?

Inspired by: Tupac (Feat. Elton John) - "Ghetto Gospel"

No comments:

Post a Comment